Wednesday, June 10, 2015

Fourth of July Series: Technique Junkies Showcase

Hello all! Welcome back to another installment in my Fourth of July series this month, celebrating the RED,WHITE & BLUE!

For this project I am featuring a fantastic stamp set from Technique Junkies

This set is amazing to work with- so many techniques come to mind!!

I used one of the flags to alter script patterned paper  by creating an embossed background and covering with distress inks (Barn Door and Faded Jeans).


I then stamped the words RED WHITE & BLUE in between the flags.
I added a die cut flag that was covered in clear crackle paint and then colored with Distress Stains.
The background piece was then die cut using the Tim Holtz postage stamp die and adhered to the sanded Kraft core card stock with Xyron homemade dimensional foam tape. I ran the flag piece through my Xyron Creative Station (loaded with 5" Permanent adhesive) and adhered it to the card front.  

The distressed look of these stamps is just perfect for this technique! 

Stayed tuned to my blog for even more samples from my Fourth of July Series!




7 comments:

  1. I really like the way this card came together.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't even know about this TJ stamp set - I've gotta get this one for sure - another great card Pam.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I didn't know about this set too. It's awesome and you put it to good use.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful card for the 4th! Great stamp set.

    THanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Totally awesome! Love that background!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow Pam, that is so cool! I love the crackled effect finish and the oh so perfect papers and flag. Nailed the theme! Fantastic card. Hugs, Wends x

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment