Hey everyone! So happy to be blogging today with a card tutorial featuring the new Xyron Creative Station!
Cards that show love and support for friends and family are always great to have on hand and I love creating them because they come straight from the heart. Most of the cards with this theme that I have made in the past tend to have more a a feminine look/feel. This card gives a more masculine tone to a supportive sentiment using a nautical theme and of course a little grunge!
My Xyron Creative Station was an essential tool in creating this project as you will see in the following tutorial!
1. Using a paper trimmer cut a 5” x 6” piece of manilla card stock.
2. Using a paper trimmer cut six strips of Weathered Wood paper - (2) 1.5”x6” (2) 1” x6”
3. Ink each strip of woodgrain paper with Weathered Wood and Vintage Photo ink using a blending tool/foam.
4. Ink edges of each strip lightly with Black Soot ink using a blending tool/foam.
5. Using the Xyron Creative Station loaded with the 9” Permanent Adhesive run the strips through.
6. Rub the top and around edges of strips and peel off top protective film from the strips.One at a time remove the strips from the adhesive backing and lay onto the manila card stock leaving a very small space between each strip.
8. Using the PITT Artist black pen fill in the spaces between the strips.
9. Using a die cut machine cut a 3.25” diameter circle from manila card stock.
10. Using a die cut machine and the next smaller circle- cut out the inside of the circle creating a ring.
Ink the ring with Weathered Wood and Broken China distress ink using the blending tool/foam.
11. Cover inked circle with clear embossing power and flick back over scrap paper so some of the powder releases.
12. Heat emboss the powder with heat gun, let cool.
13. Ink cooled circle with Vintage Photo and wipe with a clean rag- the clear embossing powder will create a resist and give the piece a grungy rusted feel.
14. Make holes and place 4 long fasteners brads through at 12 o’clock, 3 o’clock, 6 o’clock and 9 o’clock on the ring.
15. Center the smaller circle die onto the woodgrain background (secure with post-it tape) and run through the die cut machine.
19. Stamp the sentiment on a 2” x 4” piece of vellum with Versafine black ink, cover with clear embossing powder and heat set.
20. Using the Xyron Mega Runner-place adhesive around the edges of the backside of the vellum and center onto the corrugate card base.
21. Using the Xyron Creative Station (with 5” Permanent refill) run the entire woodgrain background piece through.
22. Rub the top and around edges of strips and peel off top protective film.
23. Remove the background piece and center onto corrugate card base- ensuring the sentiment is centered within the opening of circle ring.
24. Trim edges to fit card.
25. Mask off the Cargo stencil with post it tape and apply Black Soot distress ink to the numbers in various corners of the card.
Xyron Products Used:
Xyron Creative Station, Xyron 5” Permanent Refill, Xyron 9” Permanent Refill, Xyron Mega Runner
Other Products Used:
Creative Vision Stamps Just Hang On, Ranger manilla card stock, Cloud9Design Weathered Wood Paper( goldenrod), Ranger Distress ink (Black Soot, Weathered Wood, Vintage Photo, Broken China), Ranger blending tool/foam, Tim Holtz Idea-ology long fasteners, Spellbinders Circle Dies, Bazzill 40 lb Vellum, Versafine black onyx ink, Ranger clear embossing powder, Recollections Corrugate Card (Kraft), Faber Castell PITT Artist Black Pen B, Milwaukee Heat Gun, Tim Holtz Layering Stencil Cargo (THS01), Recollections Rope, Craft Fish Netting, Fishers Guillotine Trimmer, Tim Holtz Vagabond