Thursday, September 29, 2016

Merry & Bright- Stretch your Stamps!

Hello all! Thanks for joining me today- I am doing a two day series featuring Technique Junkies stamps leading into our October 1 blog hop-so I hope you will join me for all!

For today's project I decided to use a background stamp-one from the October "early" release called Baubles.  However I decided to use it in a different way.  I did indeed make a background with it- but then used the piece to die cut some carved ornaments (from Tim Holtz/Sizzix).


I started by stamping the entire background Baubles stamp onto Neenah White card stock using Versa Mark ink and covering with WOW silver embossing powder.  To give the piece a stained glass look- I colored the inside of each bauble with Zig Brush Markers.


Then I used distress inks and spray stains to color the entire piece (one in blues and one in greens).  Once colored and heat set the piece was use to die cut out the matching ornaments.
The card was finished by cutting the sentiment from corrugate card stock using Tim Holtz Christmas words thinlit dies and of course adding a little vintage grunge!
Please stop back by Friday for another feature of the TJ stamps and of course join us on Saturday for the Design Team Blog Hop!
Embrace Imperfection!
Pam

2 comments:

  1. Oh Pam, these are amazing - I used this background stamp a little differently too, but I really am thrilled by this and wanted to stop by and tell you these ornaments are great. Happy Day.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment