Wednesday, February 14, 2018

Noted

Happy Valentine's Day everyone!  I am so excited to share the news that I was this week's winner for the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge-Love is in the Air!

Now to share my project for this week's SSS Monday Challenge:Take Note.


I started this project by making several backgrounds with my new Ken Oliver Colorbursts- I just received the Brutus Monroe colors!


I used layering stencils atop the colorful background- using some Distress Black Soot Ink and also Picket Fence Distress spray stain.  Added a bit of Tim Holtz design tape too.

For the "note" on the card I used the Torn Paper/Notebook On the Edge Die to create the piece of torn notebook paper from Distress Heavystock aged with Antique Linen distress ink.  


The paper was stamped with a Tim Holtz background stamp- lightly inked with black soot.  The quote was stamped in Versafine Black and clear heat embossed.  For a bit more texture and dimension I added some flecks of Picket Fence Distress spray with a paint brush. 


The Idea-ology clip was distressed with an assortment of Distress embossing powder to give it an aged look.


This same technique was used on the pen nib to get the same texture.


This project was so much fun to put together! 
Thanks for stopping by today.
Embrace Imperfection
Pam

2 comments:

  1. beautiful creation Pam, love the background you created and woohoo well done on your win, thank you so much for sharing with us at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge...hugs kath xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nicely done!! Congrats on the Simon spotlight, too.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment