Have you started counting down the days until Christmas yet? Well Xyron and Pebbles have in this super fun tutorial on making an Advent Calendar! Best part is there are goodies inside to reward you for all your craftiness while you count down the days until Santa brings you everything on your craft list...that's if you haven't been naughty-lol.
Advent Calendar featuring paper by Pebbles
Close up of the goodies inside!
Xyron Products Used: Xyron Mega Runner, Xyron 1.5" Create-a-Sticker, Xyron Creative Station, Xyron 9" Permanent Adhesive Refill
Other Products: Pebbles Winter Wonderland Collection, Advent Calendar, DCWV Glitter Stack, Washi Tape, Tim Holtz Snowflake punch, Tim Holtz Alphabet Thinlits, White Gesso,Heat Tool, black card stock
Step by Step Instructions
1. Paint entire advent calendar with an even cost of white gesso.
2. Dry completely with heat tool or set aside to dry.
3. Paint each individual box with white gesso (except for inside).
4. Measure dimensions of backside of calendar.
5. Cut the 12 x 12 Pebbles paper to the dimensions from step 4 using a paper trimmer.
6. Apply adhesive using the Xyron Mega runner to backside of paper from step 5.
7. Adhere evenly and smoothly to back of calendar.
8. measure dimension of sides, top and bottom of calendar and cut from Pebbles paper using a paper trimmer.
9. Run these cut pieces through the Xyron Creative Station loaded with the 9" Permanent Adhesive cartridge.
10. Adhere pieces to top, bottom and side of calendar smoothly and evenly.
11. Measure dimensions of front of drawers and cut 25 pieces from coordinating paper (Pebbles).
12. Run pieces through the Xyron Creative Station until all have adhesive.
13. Adhere to front of each drawer and trim out notch.
14. Use Tim Holtz snowflake punch to punch 25 snowflakes from glitter paper.
15. Using a die cut machine and Tim Holtz thinlits (alphabet) cut the numbers 1-25 from black card stock.
16. Run each number through the Xyron 1.5" Create-a Sticker.
17. Run each snowflake through the Xyron 1.5" Create-a Sticker.
18. Adhere each number (1-25) to a snowflake.
19. Adhere each snowflake to a finished drawer.
20. Add some coordinating washi tape around the seams and some snowflake embellishments to the top and side.