Happy Wednesday Crafters!! Today I have a very special tutorial for you featuring the super cute stamps from Paper Smooches along with the adhesives from Xyron! I have to admit have have LOTS of Paper Smooches stamp sets, but I definitely think that Warm Hearts is one of the cutest- the little snowman image is just darling!
Xyron Creative Station, Xyron 9” Permanent Adhesive Cartridge. Xyron 9” Permanent Adhesive Cartridge, Xyron 1.5” Sticker Maker, Xyron Mega Runner, Xyron Homemade Foam Tape
Other Products Used:
Paper Smooches Warm Hearts Stamp Set, Ranger Archival Black Ink, DCWV Woven Paper Pack, Distress Markers: Black Soot, Festive Berries, Spiced Marmalade, Tim Holtz Craft Scissors, Glossy Accents, My Favorite Things Dies: Stitched Rectangles, Distress Ink: Broken China, Ranger Ink Blending Tool, Ranger Non-Stick Craft Mat
1. Cut a piece of patterned paper to 4” x 5.25”
2. Stamp the snowman image in a repeating pattern on the patterned paper with Archival Black ink.
3. Stamp the snowman multiple times onto the DCWV Woven paper.
4. Cut out each of the snowmen from the woven paper.
5. Ink the edges if snowmen images with Broken China ink to create a shadow on one side of the snowmen.
6. Color in the nose and heart on each snowman with Distress Markers.
7. Ink (with a blending tool) the snowman background piece created in step 2 with Broken China Distress ink.
8. Load the Xyron Creative Station with the 9” Permanent adhesive cartridge and run several (5) snowmen through the machine. Repeat with additional snowmen.
9. One by one, adhere each snowman to it’s corresponding image on the stamped patterned paper piece- be sure to line up the arms.
10. The Xyron 1.5” Sticker Maker can also be used to add the snowmen to the background. I used this for the 2 extra snowmen I had after running 5 twice through the Creative Station in step 8.
11. Turn finished piece over and trim the excess snowman parts from the edges.
12. Cut a matching piece of patterned paper to 4.25” x 5.5” and ink the edges using a blending tool with Broken China Distress ink.
13. Use the Xyron Mega Runner to apply adhesive to the back of the finished snowman background piece.
14. Adhere the background piece to the mat cut in step 12.
15. Stamp the sentiment onto the matching patterned paper with black ink.
16. Cut out the sentiment by running it through a die cut machine using the appropriate size stitched rectangle die.
17. Apply Xyron homemade foam tape to back of sentiment and adhere to card front.
18. Apply glossy accents to the heart and nose of each snowman and allow to dry.
Tip: To get the most use from the Xyron Creative Station and little waste- run as many pieces through at once, especially when using the larger 9” cartridge. This also saves on time as well!
Thanks for joining me today and I hope you check back for more fun tutorials featuring Xyron adhesives and be sure to check my Portfolio page for lots more Paper Smooches inspiration!