Tuesday, February 10, 2015

Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge: Red & Pink



This week's challenge is to use Red & Pink in your project. You can check out the great samples from all their talented designers on Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge Blog.

 While red and pink are not my favorite colors to work with- I have been using lots of both given that Valentine's Day is coming up soon.



For this card I used Tim Holtz's Petal Drop die to make a heart from corrugate.  I then hand stitched the two sides together for a vintage look using hemp twine. The letters are from grungeboard and I embossed them with Distress Embossing powder Fired Brick for such a great texture.  The background was stamped with Picket Fence Distress Paint and then colored over with Distress inks -leaving the XO as a resist. A few embellishments were added for interest -replacing the O with gears and clock hands. This was my first time using my Petal Drop die and I really love all the possible ways to use it!


I hope you decide to join in the challenge as well and show off all things red and pink!




Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge Blog

1 comment:

  1. Happy Valentine's Day! Fantastic project! Love the artsy vibe! Thanks for joining along with the Simon Says Stamp Monday challenge!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment