Happy Wednesday crafters! Today I am here to share with you a fun home decor tutorial-celebrating the men and women that serve in our military. Especially this time of year I appreciate the great sacrifice these soldiers make being away from their families during the holidays and everyday!
In our of the brave men and women in our military here's a project you can make for the soldier in your life.
Xyron Products Used: Xyron Creative Station, Xyron 9" Permanent Adhesive Cartridge
Other Products Used: Rectangular Wooden blocks x 3, Tim Holtz Holiday Seasonal Stash, Tim Holtz Grungeboard Alphabet, Ranger Distress Ink Vintage Photo and Antique Linen, Ranger Distress Glitter, Tim Holtz Idea-ology Trophy Cup, Tim Holtz Idea-ology Charms, Tim Holtz Sanding Block, Ranger Matte Multi Medium
Step by Step Tutorial
1. Trace each side of the wooden block onto the patterned paper.
2. Cut out each strip.
3. Run strips through the Xyron Creative Station, loaded with the 9" Permanent Adhesive Cartridge.
4. Adhere each corresponding strip to all sides of the wooden block.
5. Repeat above steps for the other two wooden blocks.
6. Sand all the edges of each of the blocks gently.
7. Apply Vintage Photo distress ink to the sanded edges.
8. Paint "U" "S""A" grungeboard letters with white acrylic paint, let dry and apply Ranger Matte Multi Medium over top.
9. Sprinkle glitter over top of each of the letters after applying the liquid adhesive.
10. Allow pieces to dry and glitter to adhere, then run through the Xyron Creative Station.
11. Apply one letter to each block.
12. Add further embellishments as desired (trophy cup and ribbon).