Thursday, July 16, 2015

Let the Music Play.....

Good morning Junkies! Today I am showcasing another project with the Technique Junkies July release Treble Clef large stamp. When I was making my card for Saturday's Junkies post I was playing with backgrounds and altered patterned paper and came up with this design.  I put it aside then and when I came back to my studio I saw it in a very different light and loved it, so I decided to use it for another project!


To create the background I stamped the Treble Clef repeatedly onto kraft patterned paper (music) with VersaMark Watermark ink and covered with clear embossing powder.  Then the entire piece was inked direct to paper with Chipped Sapphire Distress Ink to get a smooth coat.  I love to alter patterned paper with this technique! Definitely creates a different look!


The sentiment I used was a portion of the stamp Free My Soul- I really like how the fun font here contrasts yet compliments the more script background.  This was also stamped in Chipped Sapphire and I used a water brush to created a bit of a washed look.


Thanks for joining me again today and please leave a comment below, your thoughts are always appreciated!
Be sure to stop by the Techniques Junkies store to pick up these stamps as well as many other fabulous images!!!




4 comments:

  1. Love the card. Think I'm going to have to get those stamps! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. whoa I love this! love the colors, love the bold treble clef and love seeing the lyrics to a great song! xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your technique really turned out beautiful. I love the blue against the Kraft paper.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment