This weekend I was so happy to take our fur baby girl to the beach! This was her first big adventure since she came home from the hospital. She had such a fantastic day and sitting on the beach I was inspired to make this card featuring the fantastic stamps and dies from My Favorite Things paired with the awesome adhesives from Xyron!
Missing someone? Create this cool card featuring the best of summer and the beach by combing the magic of My Favorite Things stamps with the versatility of Xyron!
Xyron Products Used:
Xyron 3” Sticker Maker, Xyron Mega Runner
Other Products Used:
My Favorite Things LJD Sea Life Stamp Set, MFT Die-Namics LJD Sea Life Die Set, Recollections Corrugated card, Ranger Distress Inks: Mermaid Lagoon, Salty Ocean, Bundled Sage, Vintage Photo, Ranger Distress Embossing Powder: Peeled Paint, Antique Linen, Walnut Stain, Versamark Watermark Ink, Tim Holtz Vagabond, Neenah Desert Storm card stock, Ranger Distress Markers: Wild Honey, Worn Lipstick, Tim Holtz Tiny Attacher, Tim Holtz Kraft Core Shattered card stock, Craft Fish Netting
1. Ink the corrugate card stock directly with the Mermaid Lagoon and Salty Ocean ink pads.
2. Stamp the Sea Grass with Bundled Sage Distress ink x 3.
3. Cover stamped image with Peeled Paint Distress embossing powder.
4. Heat set/melt the embossing powder with heat tool.
5. Rub image gently after cooling to release activation crystals.
6. Stamp the larger starfish x 3 in Versamark ink.
6a. Cover with a mixture of Antique Linen and Walnut Stain embossing powder.
7. Heat set/melt the embossing powder, let cool, and gently rub off activation crystals as in steps 4&5.
8. Cut out starfish and sea grass by lining up the coordinating dies and running through die cut machine.
9. Color the spots on starfish with the Wild Honey and Worn Lipstick distress markers to give some dimension the the starfish.
10. Ink edges and tops of starfish with Vintage Photo Distress ink.
10a. Ink edges and tops of Sea Grass with Bundled Sage Distress Ink
11. Stamp sentiment in Versamark Ink,
12. Cover with Back Soot embossing powder, heat set, let cool and rub off release crystals.
13. Cut out sentiment with scissors.
14. Ink edges with Vintage photo Distress ink.
15. Run the Sea Grass (three pieces) through the Xyron 3” Sticker Maker. Rub well and pull off protective film.
16. Adhere Sea Grass to corrugate background.
17.Cut piece of fish netting slightly larger than size of card and staple in corners with Tim Holtz Tiny Attacher.
18. Trim edges of fish netting to fit card.
19. Run Starfish (x3) and sentiment through the Xyron 3” Sticker Maker.
20. Adhere atop fish netting.
21. Use Xyron Mega Runner to place adhesive onto back to the project and adhere to Kraft Core Shattered card base.
Thanks for stopping by today! I would love to hear from you, so all comments are welcome below!
Be sure to head over to the My Favorite Things blog for more great inspiration and fabulous projects.