Wednesday, April 22, 2015

Creative Vision Showcase: Wine

Good Morning! Today on my blog I am showcasing the stamp set from Creative Vision Stamps Grapes in Wine. This is such a great set- especially for wine lovers!


This project focuses on the sentiment "Grow It Pick It Squish It Drink It" - and growing up in an Italian family this is near and dear to my heart! 


For the background I used Tim Holtz layering stencil Harlequin with a monoprint technique using Ranger Distress Inks onto watercolor paper and also the Tim Holtz stencil Splatters for the added wine drip rings. 
I stamped the grapes image from the set first onto the watercolor paper and covered with rubber cement as a mask and then did the mono printing over this.  Very cool way to mask images that I learned from Jennifer McGuire. This technique is especially good for complicated images.  The wine glass was stamped on a separate piece of watercolor paper that was also monoprinted with the stencil and then cut out and adhered onto the card base by running through the Xyron 1.5" Sticker Maker.  The sentiment was stamped onto Neenah Solar White card stock, outlined with Copics and adhered using homemade foam tape using my Xyron 5" Creative Station.  You can view a quick tutorial on how to make your own foam tape using your Xyron here. I use a ton of foam tape so making my own has been incredibly cost effective!  


 

2 comments:

  1. Hi Pam , have just become your follower..perhaps you want to become mine too?
    You make such pretty cards!
    HUgs Blankina

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment